Football seasons is over and now that The Walking Dead is back, that means Sunday nights are exclusively TWD nights.
We last left our gang in the middle of a zombie hoard using old zombie guts on sheets trick (which I honestly don’t know why they don’t use it more. It works!), Glen was with that girl (I always forget her name) and they just got to Alexandria, and Abraham, Daryl, and Sasha were headed back in a oil truck. And we go from there.
Obviously spoilers ahead, so read on if you know what happened and care to know what I thought.
Ok, so the show starts off with Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham driving back on the road (the one road in the whole show. They must own like a 1 mile stretch of road in Georgia cause its the same road every time).
Anyway, they are stopped by a biker gang, who we learn is part of Negan’s group. They take the weapons, well, just sidearms, off of Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham and one of the guys makes Daryl search the truck to show them the rest of the weapons, cause the leader knew there would be more.
In the back of my mind, I’m thinking about that RPG we saw Abraham get and I knew it had to come into play. It does. Just as Negan’s biker leader toys with Sasha and Abraham, not knowing to kill them or not, we see their whole gang of bikes just explode in a ball of fire.
It was Daryl, with the RPG. I knew it! Nice exciting start for the second half of the season.
I don’t need to recap the entire show cause you already watched it, so I’ll just jot down some of my observations and comments.
- I felt like Rick and his human chain were the slowest walkers or just kept going in circle cause they must have been walking for hours and were still in their little neighborhood. It was daytime when they started but nightfall when the action started.
- About that action, I knew a person from that family would jeopardize the group.
- I didn’t expect all three to go down though. No one could pull the little Sam along? Anyway, him crying cause a chain reaction that led to his family’s downfall. With no brother, mother, and father, Ron decided to take out Carl. Michonne got him instead.
- I guess Carol did a number on that kids head. Messed him up.
- We get another element from the comics (Carl getting shot in the eye). Poor kids been shot twice now.
- Was wondering if Rick would lose his hand in the rage fueled zombie hacking spree he went on.
- Alexandrians finally step up and take down some zombies. This scene was the equivalent of a bench clearing brawl. You see your guy is in trouble and you’re like crap, we should get out there, even if we are in the bullpen 400 feet away.
- Assault rifles > zombies
- Fireball > zombies
- I originally thought Daryl wanted to RPG the tanker in a group of walkers. He only used it to light the fire. A match or something would have worked too Daryl!
I thought this was a good episode, nice way to kick off the second half of the season. Now that the walkers are dead and the community has come together, they face a new threat now, in Negan.